The HIPPO HAWC (Hybrid Amphibious Wheeled Carrier) and HIPPO RAPTOR are multi-purpose mobility platforms designed to reduce burden on, and reduce risk for, the dismounted soldier.
The HAWC is available in both manned and optionally manned/autonomous configurations, while the RAPTOR is unmanned/autonomous only.
The HAWC and RAPTOR will travel over extreme terrain in any weather or environment including jungle, desert, arctic snow, tundra, swamp and water conditions. An integrated diesel generator delivers range and endurance, while a 96V battery pack allows the vehicle to be operated in an emissions-free, near-silent mode.
• Low Maintenance Drivetrain – 200-400 hour oil change intervals, no grease points
• Automatic chain tensioners utilize idler sprockets to eliminate wear points
• Optional diesel generator, 13kW DC output
• Advanced cooling system eliminates overheating even in extreme conditions
• Front and rear tie down points included, optional helicopter lift points
• Electric parking/emergency brake
• Silent Mode Range (low speed, electric only): 5 mph; 10 mph optional
• Single-lever central free-wheeling system and optional tow bar allows for towing at highway speed
• CAN-controlled motor controllers
• Digital gauge package with speed, temperature, voltage readouts
• Accessible, removable electronics board
• Maintenance-free, heavy duty wheel bearings